Joshua 5 - The angel of the Lord
Make sure you have read the introduction before commencing these questions.
Circumcision and a heavenly warrior
1. Why did Joshua circumcise the Israelites? Chapter 5
2. Who was the man in Joshua 5:13-15 ?
3. How does God 'protect us' these days? Hebrews 1:5-14
4. What do you think gave Joshua the courage to approach this 'man' holding a sword?
- Joshua 5:13, Joshua 1:5
5. Can you name any promise in God's word that has given you courage and confidence?
6. What role do you think this 'man' holding the sword played in the victories that Joshua obtained in the battle of Jericho?
7. Does God still work 'behind the scenes' today? If yes how?
8. Compare Joshua 5:15 with Exodus 3:1
Do you see any similarity?
Who do you think the person in Joshua 5:13 was?
Hebrews 1:14, Genesis 32: 22-32, Exodus 23: 20-23, Numbers 22: 31-35
9. Is this person still around today?
Are you aware of God's supernatural protection and provision for you? God did not leave Joshua to fight the battle alone.