Make sure you have read the introduction before commencing these questions.
1. God told Joshua He had given him Jericho (verse 2). Yet Joshua still had to fight for it. How does this relate to the promises God has given us?
1 John 3:8, John 10:9-10 Luke 4:15-21
2. How many times did the Israelites march round Jericho?
3. Describe this strange military tactic?
4. What characteristics or discipline would the Israelites have had to exercise in order to complete the task described in questions 3?
5. How do the disciplines of praying, fasting and giving help us in our Christian walk?
Matthew 6:5, Matthew 6:16, Matthew 6:24
5. Has God ever told you to do something that initially did not make sense?
6. What role, if any, do you think the man in Joshua 5:13-15 played in Israel's victory over Jericho? Hebrews 1:14
7. Did Israel keep their promise with Rahab?
8. What thoughts do you imagine might have been going through Rahab's mind as the wall of Jericho fell down? How did her house on the wall manage to survive?
9. Have you ever (just for 1 minute) looked at the circumstances around you and doubted God's promise?
10. Be careful what you say. In Joshua 6:26 Joshua made an oath (more of a curse) when Jericho was rebuilt this curse actually happened? see 1 Kings 16:31-34
Notice it was ungodly men who rebuilt the city God destroyed. If Joshua's word came to past how much more God?s?